Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorB, Leonardo
dc.contributor.authorS, Taufik
dc.contributor.authorR, Imelda
dc.contributor.authorH, Adlin
dc.contributor.authorZulkhairi
dc.contributor.authorP, Religius
dc.contributor.authorT, Elias
dc.contributor.authorIlhamd
dc.contributor.authorL, Masrul
dc.contributor.authorE.Y.S, Rustam
dc.contributor.authorS, Juwita
dc.contributor.authorS, Mabel
dc.contributor.authorH.Z, Lukman
dc.contributor.authorMira Neny Triana, T
dc.date.accessioned2016-12-14T02:35:46Z
dc.date.available2016-12-14T02:35:46Z
dc.date.issued2016-12-14
dc.identifier.othermahruf nasution
dc.identifier.urihttp://repository.usu.ac.id/handle/123456789/63239
dc.descriptionLeonardo Ben_US
dc.description.abstractPolycystic liver disease (PCLD) is a rare condition in which multiple cysts form in the hepatic parenchyma. Polycystic liver disease is also an autosomal dominant disorder (ADPLD) caused by a mutation in a gene that encodes a protein hepatocystin. Given two genes that are mutated in PCLD PRKCSH genes and gene SEC63. Mutations of these genes can be found less than a third of cases. [1,2,5,8] The disease is rare. PCLD has a prevalence rate of 1: 200,000 people in the American population. PCLD occurs ± 24% of patients in the third decade of age to 80% by the sixth decade. [1.2] Women tend to suffer larger cysts and more and correlated with the number of pregnancies. [1,2,3] PCLD diagnosis is confirmed by ultrasound, CT scan, or MRI. [1,2] Polycystic liver disease occurred in 95% of asymptomatic patients. The remaining 5% cause symptoms due to local effects of mass suppression polycystic liver or stretching or compression of the structure of other organs. PCLD treatment is not necessary if the patient is asymptomatic. Cysts were localized resectable, while diffuse to do the transplant. The following case report of a woman, 48 years old who were treated at the department of H.Adam Malik Medan on 24 November 2012 with a diagnosis of polycystic liver disease with right pleural effusion. Some literature has reported complications of polycystic liver disease, but rarely reported with pleural effusion presentation. Patients already done puncture of pleural fluid and after 3 weeks of treatment patient’s condition improved and permitted to be outgoing patient with her own request but never control back again. Key words : Policystic Liver Disease, Pleural Effusionen_US
dc.language.isoiden_US
dc.subjectPolicystic Liver Diseaseen_US
dc.subjectPleural Effusionen_US
dc.titlePolycystic Liver Disease With Right Pleural Effusionen_US
dc.typeLecture Papersen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record